Monday, July 11, 2016

The C Word

Yes-Yes C and No-No C

The alphabet C is a fascinating one - like I am thinking of so many C's that are ok and not ok . The BIG C is for Cancer which definitely no one wants.

There are so many C's that guide my life

The YES-YES Cs
C is for Compassion
Yes we as human beings have this wonderful ability to feel the pain of the other person . A fine quality to possess and develop. Compassion is the root of mutual love and respect.

C is for courage
The courage to live, to face adversities in life , to walk the path of life alone and fearless and head held high . Oh - I need this so much.

C is for Contentment
Which is crucial for a happy living. A wave of contentment should wash over me now and then - gives me the glow of positivity that should emanate from me and spread like a wave around. Contentment has NOTHING to do with what you have - it is defined by who you are.

C is for caring
The deepest joy one human can give another human is to care. Caring should be my habit - to serve another human being with kindness and compassion. Caring is not about saying kind words it is about DOING kind acts to show that you really care.

C is for Creativity
I watched a Google ad today and it was so touching, moved me to tears , absolutely awesome - that is creativity. To think for yourself, to do things a little different, little more beautiful, a bit more elegant , lots of love for others, giving
Creativity spreads cheer and deep satisfaction all around.

C is for Consistency
One goes thro several phases in life ( spoken like a true senior citizen - that is me Yes!! )  - thro all these ups and downs consistency in my words , actions, thinking ensures that my peace within is rarely disturbed by external events.

C is for confidence
Yes, I wish to be that super confident person who will stand by self and others like a rock - I am trying my whole life to develop this trait in me. "Yes I can " My son would say "Can Do" attitude.

The NO-NO C's

C is for controlling


Controlling means to tell someone how they should be doing this or that not giving a chance for that person to discover for themselves. It is suffocating to the other person - like a dog held on a leash .  Controlling means robbing another human being of their freedom to choose, make mistakes and learn from their mistakes. Some people tend to control 100% of others lives at 100% of the time and it can be a 100% undoing of life itself . It simply robs the joy of life. Tendency to control has its roots in power play - one human being wants to establish power over another. It is a win-lose situation and I do not wish to be in either. Live and let live is a win-win happy control-free state. I neither wish to control nor to be controlled.  In this vast universe there is space for every human being to co-exist in a fearless, free way and controlling has no place in the scheme of happy living.  

C is for comparison
A no-no for ever - no point in comparing and feeling and spreading misery around self and others

C is for crying
No point in doing that for long ( over spilt milk, shattered glass!! , lost life ) It is ok in small doses to let out our feelings.

C is for Criticising
Not a wonderful trait to have as it is the opposite of compassion and courage - like you criticise a person, you discourage them - you express your non- acceptance of that human being - so where is your compassion? Self-criticism is even worse than criticing others - it kills the self confidence one is trying so hard to develop.

C is for cribbing
Cribbing means expressing discontentment for every small thing that is not going your way, that you have no control over . Cribbing is living a poor life even if really are blessed with abundance - like crib about weather, rising cost of living, your own self, others' behaviour , even about abundance - like "Oh what will I do with so much? " etc etc.. Cribbing gives a HALO of negativity around the person - opposite of contentment and it also spreads like a wave of gloom where none existed.

C is for calculativeness
Some people always do or give something in return for some personal benefit - Some call it shrewdness, greed and even advocate it for success in life . I want to say NO-NO to such an attitude in me . It is the opposite of genuine generosity.

All this to "I, me, myself" 



No comments: