Thursday, July 9, 2015

Inner Vision

Aging and Growth



 As we age we become more and more aware of ourselves - we are able to observe ourselves as an outsider. I find there are two types of visions we can have on ourselves

1) External vision


We have constant interaction with other humans. Let me watch myself - How I interact with others? How their interaction affects me ? If I understand that we are all in the  process of co-existence together , giving and taking constantly , we are all actually one large family helping each other's existence - then my life is a beautiful journey . When we attach personal likes and dislikes, constantly defending self, judging others , then my life become stressful, unhappy - So I watch myself interacting with others and have to protect myself from all sorts of negativity. When I have this clarity, then I feel so grateful for all the services that I am constantly receiving from other humans that make my life so comfortable. It is actually a never ending stream of  services. We are all linked and bound together by this bond of life. I also want to be kind, loving, accepting and understanding to her - that is me . 

2)Internal Vision - Physical 
Turn the inner eye towards yourself - it is all about yourself - When I meditate , I close my eye and turn it inwards - visiting each and every part of my body - what a perfect wonder machine is this body - so many parts so snugly fitted, each part doing its own job yet all sorts of systems working in perfect harmony for one aim - Existence of life - never seizes to amaze me - this perfect co-ordination and the wonder of modern medicine and all the discoveries about each and every minute part of the body - How medical sciences have helped us understand our body, the relationships between so many parts , keep it in top condition, prolong life - So in deep meditation, I thank each and every cell, each and every part that have served me so sincerely for 64+ years . 

3)Internal Vision - Mental 


Another internal vision I have is the constant sweep on the thought processes - The brain is such  a fantastic control center - not only totally driving our internal physical co-ordination but also storing millions of thoughts over years - when u look inwards at yourself and watch your own thoughts , u realize so many of them are really stupid, worthless, resentful, negative, waste types. This constant inner sweep results in fleeting moments of deep thoughtless state - just awareness - feel absolutely blissful. It can happen when I sit in deep meditation and sometimes thro' the day just like that . Life feels so good  

Living = "Gratitude + Awareness"
     

No comments: