Tuesday, January 10, 2012

You are the Journey

Vedika brings on a smile ever time one sees her

5th Jan. 2012 - My diary 
I'd often say - "A chapter in my life's journey or when ever I had some experiences like attending a marriage or travelling I would say "I just got down in one station, had some fun and got back in my train - the journey of life" 

Suddenly it dawned on me that I am the journey - it is kind of dynamic  -whatever is happening to you moves that travel - You are the Movement!! 

Anyway, philosophy apart, life is good, peaceful, satisfying. Decisions of the past, time and again seem to have been good, for the better. In retrospect, it seems now wise that I decided otherwise. Many times, in the past, I have blamed myself, repented, regretted, felt awfully guilty etc.. But as I move along the times, it seems "All for the best" 

"Death" 
-  on death, I read recently a young boy's personal experience - when he was clinically declared dead, the doctors were trying to give shock and revive his heart, he says his brain did not die. The experience he had was so beautiful - he felt infinite peace, and saw a bright white light of infinite dimension. The link is here

I also read Steve Job's sister's account of his last dying moment. The three words he uttered were "Wow. Wow. Wow" . May be he too saw the light. May be he too experienced the peace.

Another death experience was my dad's. He went into coma for 2 days. He was in the hospital. At 10:30 p.m., just before he was declared dead, he opened his eyes, he opened his eyes wide, saw and recognized and smiled at Sai , my brother-in-law, then closed his eyes and died. His face was so peaceful.

Almost all the dead people I saw, had that look of peace .

So I now concluded - Death is fun, it is infinite peace, it is an eternal sleep. Every night  we enjoy our sleep so much - whenever we get up from bed, we do not want to leave the warmth of our cozy bed. Also most of the time, my dreams are not all that great !! So Death is such a dreamless, infinite, peaceful sleep. "WOW!!  -Isn't that something to look forward to" I also realized that I do not want to suffer illness, pain, disease. I want to live in excellent health and pass away in deep sleep to eternal sleep.

I feel so deeply grateful to this birth, this highly perceptive analytic brain and this general sense of peace and well-being. Right now, I have never felt better physically.

Is this enlightenment?? At last??

With this new perspective and understanding of death, I realize, if a person is dead, as soon as they are dead, we rush here and there, calling doctors, relatives, wail etc. The best thing to do is to put on soft music, sit in peace, hold hands and say softly how much we all loved that person or how much he or she meant to us in our life etc.. remembering that "That person may be still able to perceive something"

In deep gratitude 


No comments: